Wilderness Emergency Programme
Our Wilderness Emergency Programme Contract is a comprehensive and multi focused product which provides clients with Risk Assessments, Emergency Response Plan Development, Capacity Building, Incident Management and Medical Support and Response services for their remote site. It is the “PREMIUM PRODUCT” of emergency medical preparedness and response.
Africa SAFE-T currently provides this product to top end safari lodges and camps, agricultural and farming clients, anti-poaching units, security companies, park management and individual families located in areas where we have existing bases. These areas include:
- Hoedspruit Region, Limpopo, South Africa
- Sabi Sand Game Reserve, Mpumalanga, South Africa
- Madikwe Game Reserve Region, North West, South Africa
Africa SAFE-T is continually expanding its medical support and response operations throughout Africa. We are able to set up a base at the request of a client. However the service is often too expensive for a single small to medium organisation and therefore requires “buy in” from other organisations in the area to allow for shared use of the medical support and response service making the contract more affordable for clients.
This product includes:
- Risk Assessments
- Emergency Response Plan Development
- Capacity Building (Remote/Wilderness First Aid Training)
- Medical Support and Response
- Incident Management Services
Risk Assessment comprises of:
- Vulnerability Capacity Assessment which is reviewed on an annual basis,
- Identification of the possible types incidents that can occur at your remote site,
- Risk mitigation recommendations, and
- Capacity building recommendations including emergency equipment and supplies.
Read more about our Risk Assessments
Emergency Response Plan development comprises of:
- Access to Africa SAFE-T’s unique emergency response plan template,
- Emergency Response Plan Workshop incorporating an introduction to Incident Command Systems, and
- Annual Emergency Response Plan reviews.
Read more about our Emergency Response Plan
Capacity Building comprises of:
- Remote/Wilderness First Training for personnel;
- Access to Africa SAFE-T continual development exercise tools, and
- Access to Africa SAFE-T’s Online Distant Learning Site.
Read more about our Capacity Building
Medical Support and Response service comprise of:
- 24/7/365 Access to our Independent Emergency Care Practitioner, usually at an Intermediate Life Support Level.
- Medical Response to your remote site with our 4×4 medical response units;
- Treatment of emergency medical conditions onsite while emergency transportation to definitive care is arranged;
- Emergency transportation of patients from your remote site to access points where we can link up with evacuation providers;
- Onsite treatment of common minor illnesses in consultation with our remote doctors, therefore avoiding a costly and lengthy evacuation allowing the guest or staff member to remain on site.
Read more about our Medical Support and Response Service
Incident Management services comprise of:
- 24/7 access to facilitate telemedicine consultations and emergency medical advice.
- Guiding and supporting first responders through step-by-step first aid treatment,
Coordinating all logistics when an evacuation is required. The IMC team liaises with local clinics, hospitals, medical service providers and emergency transportation companies. The IMC also contacts insurance companies to obtain authorisations and Guarantee of Payment [GOP’s] on behalf of the guest or client ;
- From initial notification to admission in the hospital, the IMC keeps you informed on the evacuation and admission process at all times.
- The IMC provides you with regular updates on the patient’s condition and treatment plan until the IMC closes the case.
- The IMC can also coordinate non-medical evacuations in the event of political unrest or natural disaster.
Read more about our Incident Management Service.
For a quote on this contract or for additional information please contact us at: email@example.com or call us on +27 12 817 2162.