Remote Wilderness Emergency Programme Contract
Our Remote Wilderness Emergency Programme Contract provides clients with Medical Risk Assessments, Emergency Response Plan Development, Capacity Building, On-Site Medication and Incident Management Services for their remote sites.
Africa SAFE-T currently provides this product to clients in the Safari and Tourism industry as well as other industries located outside our current areas of medical support and response. Africa SAFE-T is continually expanding its medical support and response operations throughout Africa. We are able to set up a base at the request of a client. However the service is often too expensive for a single small to medium organisation and therefore requires “buy in” from other organisations in the area to allow for shared use of the medical support and response service making the contract more affordable for clients. Read more about our Medical Support and Response Service
This product includes:
- Risk Assessments
- Emergency Response Plan Development
- Capacity Building (Remote/Wilderness First Aid Training)
- Placement of emergency and over-the-counter Medication onsite, and
- Incident Management Services
Risk Assessment comprises of:
- Vulnerability Capacity Assessment which is reviewed on an annual basis,
- Identification of the possible types incidents that can occur at your remote site,
- Risk mitigation recommendations, and
- Capacity building recommendations including emergency equipment and supplies.
Read more about our Risk Assessments
Emergency Response Plan development comprises of:
- Access to Africa SAFE-T’s unique emergency response plan template,
- Emergency Response Plan Workshop incorporating an introduction to Incident Command Systems, and
- Annual Emergency Response Plan reviews.
Read more about our Emergency Response Plan
Capacity Building comprises of:
- Remote/Wilderness First Training for personnel,
- Access to Africa SAFE-T continual development exercise tools, and
- Access to Africa SAFE-T’s Online Distant Learning Site.
Read more about our Capacity Building
Placement of Emergency Medication comprises of:
- Africa SAFE-T provides you with emergency and over-the-counter medications which is only to be used in consultation with our remote doctors, and
- Workshop on medication administration and recording thereof.
Incident Management services comprise of:
- 24/7 access to facilitate telemedicine consultations and emergency medical advice.
- Guiding and supporting first responders through step-by-step first aid treatment,
- Coordinating all logistics when an evacuation is required. The IMC team liaises with local clinics, hospitals, medical service providers and emergency transportation companies. The IMC also contacts insurance companies to obtain authorisations and Guarantee of Payment [GOP’s] on behalf of the guest or client ;
- From initial notification to admission in the hospital, the IMC keeps you informed on the evacuation and admission process at all times.
- The IMC provides you with regular updates on the patient’s condition and treatment plan until the IMC closes the case.
- The IMC can also coordinate non-medical evacuations in the event of political unrest or natural disaster.
Read more about our Incident Management Service
For a quote on this contract or for additional information please contact us at:
email@example.com or call us on +27 12 817 2162.